Mariam Alaskari Diehl, Owner
Photo Courtesy: Garth Dowling
About Diehl Gallery
Diehl Gallery was founded in 2001 and offers fine art and professional art collecting services for new and established collectors, both private and corporate. Diehl Gallery specializes in the acquisition and sale of contemporary art, with a focus on painting and sculpture.
Mariam Alaskari Diehl, a native New Yorker, graduated from New York University with both a Bachelors and Masters of Arts in Politics. In 2002, Ms. Diehl left New York and moved to Jackson Hole, where she became Director of the Jackson Hole branch of the Meyer Gallery, founded in Park City, Utah in 1965. For the next three years, Ms. Diehl oversaw all aspects of the gallery management, including: organizing gallery exhibitions; working with architects, art consultants and interior designers on project-specific installations; guiding the gallery's aesthetic direction with regard to recruitment of new artists; and providing collection development services for private and corporate clients.
In the spring of 2005, Ms. Diehl purchased the Meyer Gallery and continued to forge relationships with and represent the work of increasingly more contemporary artists. The gallery moved to its current location on Broadway in a newly renovated, contemporary space in the spring of 2008, where it was renamed as the Diehl Gallery.
Since 2002, Ms. Diehl has worked as an art dealer. Her projects have ranged from high-end residential homes, to corporate offices, to development properties and hotels. Ms. Diehl places the greatest importance on honesty, discretion, integrity and resourcefulness. Her ability to address her client's individual needs has enabled her to create and maintain long lasting, productive relationships with her clients as well as with other individuals in her field.
Ms. Diehl and her team have commissioned artists for site-specific projects, such as the massive 30 foot long installation by Richard Painter at the Jackson Hole Airport; hosted gallery tours for students and visiting arts groups from around the country and abroad; curated art exhibitions for events, including the Western Governors Conference at the Four Seasons in Jackson Hole and the Jackson Hole Music Festival's Wine Auction. Ms. Diehl has served as the Vice Chairman of the Jackson Hole Gallery Association and is currently Vice Chairman of the Board of the Art Association of Jackson Hole.
Diehl Gallery's artists have exhibited at or had their works included in the permanent collections of museums and institutions such as:
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts, Alberta, Canada
- Aspen Art Museum, Aspen, CO
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, Boulder, CO
- Cleveland Art Museum, Cleveland, OH
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Denver, CO
- Flemish Community Government, Province of East Flanders
- Fort Collins Museum of Contemporary Art, Fort Collins, CO
- Glenbow Museum, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Hirschhorn, Washington, D.C.
- Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, CA
- Ministry of Visual Arts, Brussels, Belgium
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY
- Museum of Fine Arts, Santa Fe, NM
- Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, CA
- Nickel Arts Museum, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Phoenix Art Museum, Phoenix, AZ
- Portland Art Museum, Portland, OR
- Tacoma Art Museum, Tacoma, WA
Diehl Gallery artists are included in, among others, the following corporate collections:
- 20th Century Fox
- Black Dog Productions
- City of Oak Park, IL
- City of Ventura, CA
- Creative Artist Agency, Los Angeles, CA
- The Equitable Collection, New York, NY
- The Federal Reserve, Kansas City, MO
- Four Seasons Hotel, Denver, Colorado
- General Electric, New York, NY
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel, New York, NY
- McDonald’s Corporation, MI
- Merck, Boston, MA
- Microsoft Collection, Seattle, WA
- Wesleyan University, Ohio
- Phillip Morris, New York, NY
- President Jimmy Carter
- Ritz Carlton Hotel, Miami, Florida
- Sprint Collection, Kansas City, MO
- University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Et al.
Diehl Gallery is committed to supporting charitable causes through art and works with local, national and international charities to support a variety of important causes. Each exhibition at Diehl Gallery supports a nonprofit organization by inviting collectors to write a portion of the investment cost of artwork directly to the selected charity, thereby creating the opportunity for a tax benefit for the collector; encouraging philanthropy among our clients; and providing much-needed funds for critical causes. To date, our exhibitions have supported the International Red Cross; WomensTrust; Jackson Hole Therapeutic Riding Assocation; The Art Association of Jackson Hole; The Jackson Hole Community School; Teton Science Schools; the Teton Literacy Program; and the Jackson Hole Land Trust, among others.